19 May Two TMAC Tips for Happiness
“Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.”
Let’s not bullshit each other. There are days when you feel down, depressed, and lacking motivation. That being said, I can honestly say I wake up stoked about 90% of the time. I will take those numbers. I have developed two habits over the years that I feel contribute to this positive mindset:
- Intentional Giving – We are all busy as hell. And if it is not in my calendar it does not happen. So one hour a week, I block out time to simply give my time to the community. Don’t over think. Simply give.
- Get Your Mindright First Thing – The idea is do something that is uplifting. You should personalize this for yourself. Here is my morning routine as an example:
- Alarm goes off to soft music. Then I put on a relaxing playlist from Pandora.
- I dip my head in the shower letting cold water wake me up.
- Next is a workout. You need to get the body in motion first thing.
- Following the workout is a freezing cold shower. This helps shock the system.
- After that I read a morning devotion. Currently I am reading The Daily Stoic. Once I finish reading I take a few moments to meditate and pray.
- Now it’s time for coffee…Notice all of this has taken place before I check social media or email.
Wishing you a happy and blessed day.
Workout videos for free!
We love seeing our community living healthy and positive lives. Take a pic on social and tag @tmacfitness or use #TMAC20