12 Oct The Power of Defining Moments
Posted at 11:13h in Mindright
In this episode of The Learning Leader Show, Dan Heath discusses The Power of Defining Moments.
Here are a few takeaways:
- Sarah Blakley’s father used to ask his kids this question at dinner, “What have you failed at this week?”
- You can have a profound moment in your kid’s life in a brief moment.
- Are you posting “picture perfect moments” of you as a parent?
- Are you sending your kids out to the real world with skin that is too thin?
- If you are trying to help someone you care about grow, you need to encourage them to stretch/leave their comfort zone.
- We think change happens when we get the analysis right, but change happens when we get the motivation right.