27 Dec Salad Building Basics by Greens Up Salad Shop
Prep Time: 10 mins.
1. Choose dark green leaves: spinach, kale, romaine, or arugula.
*optional: add chopped herbs: basil, parsley, cilantro
2. Pick a lean protein: chicken, turkey, or fish.
*canned wild salmon or light tuna are fine on occasion if you need a quick protein
3. Add vegetables (unlimited amount): beets, carrots, onion, cucumber, cauliflower, radish, celery.
4. Fruit: strawberries, blueberries, apple or pear slices.
*optional: only 1 to 2 small servings per day
5. Fats (choose one): ¼ – ½ avocado, 10 to 12 raw almonds or walnuts, 2 tbsp. raw sunflower seeds.
6. Dressing: 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. vinegar (red wine vinegar, apple cider
vinegar or coconut vinegar are great options) + juice from ½ lemon or lime.
*If this is not available, choose a clean vinaigrette with no high-fructose corn syrup or filler oils like partially-hydrogenated soybean oil.
Salad Building Basics
by Greens Up Salad Shop