28 Sep Critical Conversations Podcast
Loved this podcast by CRITICAL CONVERSATIONS.
- “People are fed by the food industry, which pays no attention to health, and are treated by the health industry, which pays no attention to food.”-Wendell Berry
- Often we are getting rid of one addiction (sugar) and replacing it with an another
- A chemist accidentally discovered Sweet n Low.
- In the 60’s Sweet n Low was founded to cause bladder cancer in lab rats.
- Canada banned Sweet n Low in the 70’s.
- Sweet n Low is the primary sweetener in children’s medication, including chewable aspirin, cough syrup, and over the counter prescription medications.
- Sucralose, also known as Splenda, was discovered by developing an insecticide.
- If it’s zero calories what is it? What is it made of? …think about it.
- Try for progress not perfection.
- Just because something is labeled “organic”, “gluten-free”, or “vegan” doesn’t mean it’s healthy and you should have it consistently in your diet.