07 Jun BRANDON TALBOT ON DEPRESSION
Know Someone That Suffers From Depression? If so, you Must Listen To This Podcast. Hell, I would even say everyone needs to listen to it.
Much respect & love for Brandon and Melissa for having this conversation.
It’s real. It’s raw. And you need to hear it.
- “I have good days and some really bad days. But I rarely ever get a day off. I don’t think there has been a day that has went by in the last decade I have not thought about death.”
- “Volleyball was my identity and when that was taken away I thought I had no more value.”
- When I am watching people on youtube or instagram doing things I wish I could do, then I start to think “I am a loser.”
- Brandon on the difficulty of sharing his depression with Melissa (his girlfriend), “This was the last thing I wanted to tell you, because I thought you were going to split, but if you stick around I will have something I have never had before. This insane deep level of trust.”
Things That Helped Brandon:
- A 30 Day Gratitude Journal.
- Doing Creative Things: photography, drawing, etc.
- Having people around you that are on your team.
Tips To Help:
- Try to understand them. Not fix.
- What Brandon’s Jiu-Jitsu buddies said to him that helped: “Hey man, if you ever need anything let me know. We love you.”
- Know your loved one’s depression is not about you.
- You can’t carry their depression for them. Make sure you are also taking care of yourself.
- Get out and move. Exercise. Get the endorphins going.
You can connect with Brandon on Instagram. Great dude!
Workout videos for free!
We love seeing our community living healthy and positive lives. Take a pic on social and tag @tmacfitness or use #TMAC20