10 May Italian Marinated Chicken Lettuce Wraps
A big thanks to @whole30recipes contributer @thewholecook for this awesome recipe!
-2 chicken breasts
Easy Homemade Italian Dressing:
-3/4 cup olive oil
-1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tsp dried oregano
-1 tsp dried basil
-1/2 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
-3/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1 tsp lemon juice
-Romaine or iceburg lettuce
-Red or white onions, sliced
-Additional toppings of choice: pickles, peppers, sprouts, etc
• SLICE chicken horizontally so you have 4 chicken cutlets.
• ADD all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake vigorously.
• PLACE chicken cutlets in large ziploc bag with 1/2 cup of the dressing. Let it marinade for a minimum of 30 minutes.
• GRILL marinated chicken on medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until done. Juices should run clear. (If you’d rather sauté your chicken you can do that in a hot skillet on the stove with 2 tbsp cooking fat of choice. Sauté each side for around 5 minutes.)
• PULL your lettuce apart to make cups (wraps). One iceberg lettuce leaf works great for each wrap. When I use romaine I use two leaves per wrap.
• FILL each wrap with chicken and other toppings.
• DRIZZLE a little extra Easy Homemade Italian Dressing on finished wraps. You’ll have plenty of leftover dressing so just refrigerate that in an airtight container to use later on salads!
We love seeing our community living healthy and positive lives. Take a pic on social and tag @tmacfitness or use #TMAC20